Thursday, March 5, 2015

I can do hard things




I've been avoiding writing. Not because I don't want to but because I know it will take some time to sit down and do it and time is something I feel I haven't had much of. Since the holidays we have been in the throws of club volleyball and busy with all that comes with that. 

In February I had an awesome opportunity to present at a Scentsy corporate event.  I was terrified and felt totally inadequate for the job. I was asked to present in a breakout session for leadership. My topic was Recognize,Appreciate and Empower.
 In my presentation I changed the order of these words and shared that this is more than 3 words. It's a process. 
-Recognize
I shared what it meant to be aware and alert of the obstacles within your businesses and your team members. 
-Empower
Empower by teaching and providing the tools, resources and examples.  Empowering with ABILITY! 
-Appreciate the value. Appreciating what it took to recognize those obstacles and empowering yourself or others with the ability to work thru it and grow. 

This opportunity taught me a lot about myself, the way I handle my business and those I'm involved within my business. It helped me grow and learn more about myself.  
I'm not a public speaker and I'm not good on a stage, but I'm grateful for this  opportunity and all it taught me. 
I also am blessed and grateful to be surrounded by an amazing group of friends who lift me up and believe in me. The day itself was amazing and as usual I always look forward to being surrounded by my Scentsy family