Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Try a little harder...

I don't even know where to start... the past two days have been challenging to say the least.
I don't do well with confrontation and I've had to face it head on, not to mention the struggles of being a mom of a teenager.  I feel exhausted and helpless. I feel beat down and weary.  I am hyper aware of my weaknesses. My strengths.. not so much.  A few people decided to let me know just how weak I really am. Constructive criticism, right? Then why can't I just let it roll off my back? I take things too personally. I am a people pleaser, which can be great, and debilitating at the same time. I hate knowing someone is unhappy because of me, but in the same breath, my actions deserve to defended and heard. Oh well, this tale is time to be over. It's neither here nor there now. The teenager issues, well I am going to have to continue to pray and listen and love and listen and love and listen and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY some more. It's so hard to want something for your kids and I can see the benefits he can reap by my advice, but he can't see the bigger picture! Imagine that?! I pray for comfort for his little heart and stubborn mind. To open his eyes and see the love of his parents and Heavenly Father and that we only want what is best for him.
Until next time....

No comments: