Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grateful-ness....

        Is that really a word? Don't know if it is or not but I have it. I have been through a personal struggle this past month. No maybe not a struggle, more like a trial.  A crooked little path. Which has caused quite a bit of reflection on this stay at home mama!
       I'm so proud of my Jud. He is filling out to be quite the young man. He loves going to church on Wednesday with all the other Young Men and I'm grateful to each of these leaders and young men who are setting such good examples and helping mold MY young man!
          One of my longtime friends(since 4th grade) has an even bigger trial she is battling right now. Please visit her blog Fingerprints and share with others. The prayers are needed. Her blog does all the best explaining. She is a beautiful writer. Grateful for this amazing woman and girl. They both have no idea how many lives have already been touched by them. I LOVE YOU CAULEY GIRLS!!!
         Jake had a little scare this month with some kind of allergic reaction that caused bronchial spasms...( asthma like symptoms) Pretty scary when  your 7 year old is begging you to take him to the doctor because he can't breathe. He missed a whole week of school and was on all kinds of steroids and breathing treatments. Made me extremely grateful for a Dr. who wasted no time in getting him immediate attention.
        I found out a little over a month ago that my L5 in my lower back was severely compressed. I found this out because my big toe on my left foot was numb and staying numb. I went to see Dr. Barry and he told me that I needed to be in his office everyday for treatment....well that worked for a while, until life got in the way and needless to say I haven't been in to see him in quite a while and this past 2 weeks I have been paying for it. BAD! Like laid up in the bed, no running , no working out, hardly able to walk kind of pain. Grateful for a great husband who made me stay put and took care of things when I couldn't. Makes me even more grateful for my health and how important it is to take care of our bodies.
       My Scentsy life is still just that. A life and home surrounded by Scentsy. It is a family blessing for us and we are reminded of that every day and every month and every year that my business is a blessing. I am grateful to loyal hostesses, customers and Scentsy friends. Scentsy has forever changed the person I have become and still developing into.  If you are still not sure what Scentsy is please visit  My website. I know that some folks get tired of hearing about how important Scentsy is to me, but if you know me, then you know why it IS just so important to me and who I am becoming.
        The Pilcher's are growing. We are growing stronger and taller every day. Next month Denny and I will celebrate 13 years of marriage. So hard to believe that. So crazy to think that we are grown ups responsible for the lives and guidance of these 4 little creatures we are blessed to share this journey with. I struggle everyday with patience and knowing that there is so much more I should and could be doing with and for my family. I hope that one day they will overlook my imperfections and be grateful as I am. I pray that they will look back and say...dang it my mom may not of cooked a home cooked meal every night or sang with the most amazing voice, or always had the house clean, but she laughed with us and danced with us and makes the best cookies on the planet!(from scratch YO!) I know my husband and kids aren't perfect, but to quote a great country song "They are close enough to perfect, for me"!!
( jake went home this sunday because of being sick)

3 comments:

Mama Mandy said...

grateful for you, friend. love you!

PILCHERS said...

love you mama mandy!!! Miss you and ready to come love on you some mo!! blessings and prayers continuous on my part!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Jaime...I am so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I pray that her little body continues to heal and she will be happy and healthy at home with her family again soon. You take care of yourself and that back...it is no fun when you have to live with back pain. Your hubby is a sweetheart...he loves you so! Glad to hear you are still enjoying the Scentsy business. It is such a great product!

lv,
jenn